D21303: Set application name to org_kde_powerdevil

Bhushan Shah noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 20 13:29:52 BST 2019

bshah created this revision.
bshah added reviewers: davidedmundson, romangg.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
bshah requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Previously application component name without any KAboutData was
  org_kde_powerdevil (executable name), although, 972eb26d0558d <https://phabricator.kde.org/R122:972eb26d0558d4c97062995eae2eb624d8cb1f38> commit
  changed the component name to powerdevil, which had side-effects that
  powerdevil would write shortcuts to powerdevil component and it would
  conflict with old org_kde_powerdevil shortcuts, and ultimately none
  would work.

  In theory we can do migration of the shortcuts to powerdevil component
  using kconf_update but that doesn't work, as kglobalaccel is already
  started before powerdevil, resulting in kconf_update changes having no
  effect, more on this in commit 4ae36ddddae <https://phabricator.kde.org/R122:4ae36ddddaee91a23dcb0736418295269da14152> which introduces the
  PowerDevilApp::migratePre512KeyboardShortcuts() function, while in
  theory PowerDevilApp::migratePre516KeyboardShortcuts can be introduced,
  we can simply avoid this hassle by re-assigning old component name.

  BUG: 407721

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil

BRANCH