D19745: Fix system tray UI/UX & refactor

ivan tkachenko noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 19 12:21:50 BST 2019

ratijastk added a comment.

  @davidedmundson

  Thanks.

  It is my first contribution to KDE/Plasma, so I **do hope** that I don't have a commit access.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in CompactApplet.qml:34
> You will enter this branch if the system tray is on the left.
>
> It doesn't make a difference now since Dialog gained support to not not overlap panels and to switch edges if it doesn't fit.
>
> This puts the location in a "wrong" way we hit the conflict detection in Dialog and it fixes it.

Honestly, I tried putting plasma panel on each of four sides (naturally including left and right), but for some reason I still did not enter the branch. Or maybe it did, but no visual changes were observed. I don't remember.

It was not an easy decision to remove someone else's code which I do not understand. Whereas "(a) I do not understand; and (b) I has no visual effect" sounds a little bit more convincing.

As far as i get it from your reply, it's now Dialog's unified responsibility (which is fine, I guess) so this lines were redundant already.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  fix-system-tray