D21226: search for a default wallpaper in lookandfeel

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed May 15 15:24:51 BST 2019

mart added a comment.

  In D21226#465633 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21226#465633>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Didn't we move contents/layout.js to be part of the lookandfeel and that was the previous way to set a default wallpaper?

  layout.js is mostly to create a whole layout from scratch (like, put all my panels like in Unity) you can also set a wallpaper in the js, but necessitates to destroy the current plasma layout.

  that is supported too, and is necessary if one wants to put something not image,  it's quite overkill for simple themes
  also, in layout.js works only if in the kcm one checks the box of resetting the plasma layout, meaning is necessary to lose the whole plasma setup in order to apply the wallpaper.
  this makes it for a simpler way not mutually exclusive.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace