D21192: Allow user to edit wrong password on lockscreen while waiting for graceLocked period to end

Siddhartha Sahu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 13 22:59:32 BST 2019

siddharthasahu added a comment.

  Hi David!

  Hmm, it seems the behavior is already different. I don't use sddm, but I tried it just now and found that the input field is already *not* disabled, plus, the notification that the login failed comes after the timeout. Looking at the qml code, the "Login Failed" message is displayed on the `onLoginFailed` signal, so it'd mean that this signal is delivered only after the grace period, which is different from the lock screen where (it appears) that the `onFailed` is delivered as soon as the password check fails.

  I don't know where the `onLoginFailed` signal is coming from in sddm (or where the `authenticator` in lockscreen is defined for that matter). This will need help with a deeper investigation from someone who knows the components well.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace