D16425: Added new Suspend then Hibernate option

Alejandro Valdes noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 13 17:19:32 BST 2019

avaldes added a comment.

  In D16425#464381 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16425#464381>, @ngraham wrote:

  > This thing's UI really needs to be rewritten in QML. Once we do that and give it a proper FormLayout style, the string can be shorter, but for now, seeing it in context, I feel like  the string should be "Hibernate after 3 hours of sleep".
  >
  > Also I wouldn't mind making the period configurable. If you don't want to do that in this patch though, that's fine.

  The period configuration can only be done by adding a .conf file to any of these locations with the parameter HibernateDelaySec, current dbus API doesn't have anything to pass or modify this value, so user intervention is required to change the default timeout of 3 hours.

    /etc/systemd/sleep.conf
    /etc/systemd/sleep.conf.d/*.conf
    /run/systemd/sleep.conf.d/*.conf
    /usr/lib/systemd/sleep.conf.d/*.conf

  @ngraham there is currently a limitation with my current patch, as a user you will always have to enable the suspend after a period of time (Suspend Session > After) to enable the Suspend-then-hibernate option. I think this is not a good default, I can also move this option to a new group similar to "Buttons event handling", which also modifies the suspend behaviour.

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil