D20930: Update WireGuard to match NetworkManager 1.16 interface

Bruce Anderson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 13 07:36:39 BST 2019

andersonbruce marked an inline comment as done.
andersonbruce added a comment.

  In D20930#464387 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20930#464387>, @jgrulich wrote:

  > In D20930#464384 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20930#464384>, @jgrulich wrote:
  >
  > > In D20930#464377 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20930#464377>, @andersonbruce wrote:
  > >
  > > > Updated SecretAgent class to always try to get the secrets from kwallet even if the 'allow-interaction' flag is set. The keys WireGuard uses are 43 random characters long and we don't expect the user to enter these manually when trying to make a connection. If data is not available in kwallet then trying to make a connection will fail. Also updated the configuration screens to not allow a configuration with "AlwaysAsk" flags on either key.
  > >

  > > You can disable "AlwaysAsk" option with PasswordField::setPasswordNotRequiredEnabled(false).
  >

  > Sorry, that's not it, I added a new option to do that, you can now use PasswordField::setPasswordNotSavedEnabled(false).

  Great!  Should I make the change in this review? If so, what is the correct procedure (with git, arc, ...) to merge that change into this review?

INLINE COMMENTS

> jgrulich wrote in secretagent.cpp:432
> Shouldn't it be
>
>   (isVpn && !isWireguard) && allowInteraction
>
> You don't want to display password dialog in case it's a WG connection.
>
> Or maybe it should stay and instead we should return true and send error (like we do when a dialog has an error) if it's a WG connection, to let NetworkManager know we cannot handle that.

Actually what I did is move the WireGuard handling above this 'else if' so it shouldn't get to this point if it is WireGuard so I simply returned the logic to what it was originally.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet