D21164: Replace QUrl::fromUserInput by lighter heuristic

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun May 12 18:53:34 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I just found that `QUrl::fromLocalFile()` actually calls `QFileInfo::exists` on the URL which is not something you want to be doing constantly and especially not for remote locations.
  The code is really just trying to figure out a URL from the source or destination labels of the job which are usually either a full URL or just a local path. If it's not, then it's probably not very interesting to us anyway.

TEST PLAN
  - No longer have plasmashell creeping to a halt when copying stuff from my phone (using sshfs mounted by kdeconnect, ie a "local" path but actually remote) to my PC

  This code is really just trying to guess whether the descriptions of the job have any sort of path / filename in it, so replace it by a lighter guessing logic.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  libnotificationmanager/job_p.cpp