D21082: Fix lid open/closed configurations

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat May 11 20:40:24 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D21082#463700 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21082#463700>, @hoffmannrobert wrote:

  > My goal is to make the screen configurations work reliably with notebooks, not to support a new use case. The use case is: work with a notebook docked and undocked, with and without external screen(s), lid open or closed.
  >
  > The configurations work fine, if no notebook with a lid that can be opened or closed is involved.
  >
  > But several users report, that they switch on their notebook (in docking station) in the morning, lid is closed, log in, and the external screens are swapped left and right again. Or only the empty background of the second screen is shown on the external monitor while the primary screen is on the closed integrated notebook screen.

  This is the real issue. Why are the screen positions scrambled around although there should be a config from before shutdown/suspend (not the lidOpened one), that has the current positions stored. Apparently this one has the wrong positions saved as well. You could check this in your config files.

  > So they configure it again as needed, while the lid is closed. But there is already a lidOpened-configuration lurking around, waiting for the lid to be opened and to destroy the configuration previously made.
  >
  > Where does the wrong lidOpened-configuration come from? I guess it's created automatically when the lid is open and a button on the OSD ("Extend to right" or so) is clicked. After closing the lid, this configuration is copied to "lidOpened".

  If between yesterday and in the morning they never opened the lid, there should still be a lidOpened-config from the last time yesterday they closed the lid.

  > The situation described in the test plan is just a quick way to show what can go wrong and if that is fixed.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen