D16997: [kcm] Expose interface to control output property retention

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 7 21:41:31 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D16997#462264 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16997#462264>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D16997#462197 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16997#462197>, @romangg wrote:
  >
  > > [...]
  > >  That's good wording. The only issue I see is that a display arrangement, which has the display saved in the past with the second option selected will keep this display's values even if later in a different display arrangement the display values get changed with the first option selected.
  >

  > Hmm, that seems like buggy behavior then. Can we fix this? Global/per-display-arrangement configurations shouldn't stomp on each other under any circumstance.

  Not sure if I explained it correctly, but this way the global and per-display-arrangements will stay out of their way. Imagine you cycle between three different display arrangements `A1,A2,A3` with following screens:

    A1: S1
    A2: S1, S2
    A3: S1 (90°-rotated), S2, S3

  In the beginning `A1` is active, which sets the global value for `S1`. Then you change to `A3` and change the rotated value of `S1` to 90° as arrangement-unique on `A3`. Now switching to `A1` or `A2` will load the global 0°-rotation value of `S1` previously defined on `A1` and not take the (arrangement-unique) value of `S1` on `A3`.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen