D16997: [kcm] Expose interface to control output property retention

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 7 16:52:12 BST 2019

romangg added a comment.

  In D16997#459604 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D16997#459604>, @ngraham wrote:

  > @romangg and I talked and now I understand the feature and think it's a good idea. It needs to be exposed to the user in a way that's immediately apparent though. Here's my recommendation
  >
  > 1. Default to global settings
  > 2. When there is only configuration data for one screen arrangement (i.e. because the user has never plugged in another display), don't show the global/per-arrangement configuration UI
  > 3. When there //are// multiple display arrangements because the user has plugged in another display at some point, display the following UI at the bottom of the FormLayout which allows the user to choose between global and per-arrangement settings:
  >

  >   Save settings: (o) For all display arrangements that use this screen
  >                  ( ) Only for the current display arrangement

  That's good wording. The only issue I see is that a display arrangement, which has the display saved in the past with the second option selected will keep this display's values even if later in a different display arrangement the display values get changed with the first option selected. But the first option suggests that **all** display arrangements will be set to the configured values.

    Save screen: (o) For all display arrangements with non-unique screen values
                 ( ) Uniquely for the current display arrangement

  That's more complicated though.

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen