D20972: [sidebar] Make search field not glued to the separator

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri May 3 00:22:26 BST 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D20972#459893 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20972#459893>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > I think the problem is the  icon within the toolbutton is relatively small making it look like a bigger left margin

  That definitely plays a big role here perception-wise, but IMO we should just focus on the icon frame.

  After zooming in and counting the pixels I think it's partly due to the separator stealing the width.

  F6804315: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6804315>

  At 1.5 scaling that's 8 pixels between the icon frame and search field frame.

  F6804317: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6804317>

  5 pixels between the search frame and separator + 2 pixels separator width, which leaves a pixel unaccounted for however.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings