D20969: [potd] Modernize configuration settings

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 2 23:55:52 BST 2019

filipf added a comment.

  In D20969#459871 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20969#459871>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > If you upload without the combobox changes, I'll be happy to click ship it.

  The problem though I've run into with having QQC1 Combobox in the Form Layout is all the code that was used to fix its width stops working:

    property int textLength: 24
    width: theme.mSize(theme.defaultFont).width * textLength

  And then we get quite narrow, elided comboboxes which don't match the height of the QQC2 comboxes from ConfigurationContainmentAppearance.qml. Will investigate if I can write some new code to hack the width, though my rationale here was that the QQC2 combobox was the lesser evil.

  In D20969#459851 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D20969#459851>, @ngraham wrote:

  > If it's not getting set on load, the problem is probably somewhere in those funky for loops to get and set the value of the combobox.

  Hah yeah, possibly, although it works just fine with the QQC1 Combobox.

REPOSITORY
  R114 Plasma Addons