D19822: [Task Manager] Toggle mute when the audio indicator is clicked

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 27 13:27:12 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  I made the suggestion to have an option not because there might be something wrong with the feature, but because there is a subset of users who have a harder time finding their way around the UI - the non-tech say people and/or (now that I think of it) perhaps those with impaired vision who might not register the changed icon.

  We could work around not having an option by spawning a notification "Audio in %application has been muted. Click on the audio icon again to re-enable it". But then you'd probably want to have an option to remove the notification...

  As for options overload, based on the reasoning above and the fact that we've recently split up the options and that we have space, I don't agree that this should be approached through the prism of UI clutter.

  The Chrome example was more to show that users want this sort of a feature. Which is why I don't think:

  > No, if that bug report comes and comes repeatedly, we know it's a bad feature and drop it again.

  would be the right approach. Also, generalizing this position and applying it to some existing cases would probably be troublesome.

  The suggestion about the hover effect though is a nice one +1

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop