D17073: Do not crop albumArt

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 13 09:33:45 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  > - Using a bigger font size means less characters could be display.

  The song name is always going to be elided, so that doesn't matter.

  > I don't see what is more important between artist/song.

  The song name is more important (more 'current' and calls for more attention, especially when skipping through an album).

  > - I don't think the topMargin is needed because there is already a space between the song name and the cover image. My goal is to keep the cover image as big as possible.

  F6688201: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6688201>

  It looks stuck on. And considering that this patch shrinks the album art a great deal already (and we seem to deem that to be an acceptable side effect), sacrificing the margins to get more album art size doesn't make sense.

  F6688214: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6688214>

  I'd even go so far as to say you should use "Layout.margins: 2", but I'll leave that decision to you.
  I propose that you also add a right margin (2 px) to offset the one on the left.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop