D19631: [sddm-theme/lock screen] WIP, Overhaul font sizes

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 9 16:28:29 GMT 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  I don't think we should use hardcoded font sizes in either place. Maybe what we should do is have both of them use `font.pointSize: theme.defaultFont.pointSize + 1` (etc.). That way they will both use the same font sizes unless the user changes that. There will be some inconsistency if the user does change the font size, but that's unavoidable right now. And even if we hardcode sizes for both of them, we'd never be able to match the actual font itself in the case that the user changes it. It's currently an unsolvable problem.

  Long term, what I would like to do is that when there is only a single user on the system, SDDM automatically reads font, cursor, and theme information from the user's account. For security, maybe the way this is implemented is that when that user makes any changes to those settings, they get copied into the SDDM user's home directory rather than SDDM reading from the user's home directory. This behavior should be user-configurable and able to be turned off, and automatically turn itself (with no ability to turn it back on) off when there is more than one user on the system.

  Otherwise there will //always// be a measure of inconsistency between the lock and login screens.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace