D19468: [sddm-theme/lock screen] Remove username shadow and show clock shadow only when unfocused

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Mar 5 05:28:08 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  In D19468#424857 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19468#424857>, @filipf wrote:

  > In D19468#423984 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19468#423984>, @rooty wrote:
  >
  > > Considering that there's an outline around the clock and the username now as a fallback option, should we add one to the action buttons too?
  >

  > I think we only need an outline around the clock since the rest only shows up with blur?
  >
  > But if blur fails with software rendering, then I think we need outlines for all the labels.

  Yes, sorry for not mentioning that - I didn't see any blur with software rendering and the labels didn't have outlines.
  I've been using QT_QUICK_BACKEND=software.

  It looks pretty bad, even with outlines:
  F6658248: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6658248>

  Maybe we should implement some kind of crude substitute for the wallpaperfader blur effect and add more contrast to the buttons (icons and labels) while we're at it, so that the software rendering version looks good too.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace