D19502: Add a SearchField and PasswordField component

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 4 08:00:45 GMT 2019

broulik added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> PasswordField.qml:27
> + *
> + * Example usage for the search field component:
> + * @code

password field

> PasswordField.qml:33
> + *     id: passwordField
> + *     onAccepted: console.log("Password text is " + passwordField.text)
> + * }

Better not print a password in an example code :)

> PasswordField.qml:51
> +        },
> +        Kirigami.Action {
> +            iconName: "edit-clear"

We don't use clear buttons on password fields

> SearchField.qml:44
> +
> +    placeholderText: i18n("Search...")
> +    focusSequence: "Ctrl+F"

I think this is fine but may need a translation domain `i18nd("whatever_domain_kirigami_uses", "Search...")`

> SearchField.qml:48
> +        Kirigami.Action {
> +            iconName: "edit-clear"
> +            visible: root.text != ""

This doesn't mirror with right-to-left languages, run the app with `-reverse` argument to try

> SearchField.qml:49
> +            iconName: "edit-clear"
> +            visible: root.text != ""
> +            onTriggered: {

Prefer connecting to `length > 0` if available, avoids a string conversion and passing around between C++ and JavaScript

REPOSITORY
  R169 Kirigami