D19479: [SDDM theme] Add visual feedback when hovering over action buttons

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 3 22:15:17 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  In D19479#424043 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19479#424043>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D19479#424008 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19479#424008>, @rooty wrote:
  >
  > > This isn't bad (especially with a top margin) but I actually like the subtlety of not having the circles and having them pop up on hovering over them.
  > >
  > > How about using this style for the logout screen and the opacity 0 then 0.15 for the sddm and lock screens?
  >

  > I think there's some value to having the same UI in all three places. However that may just be the side of me talking that looooooves background circles! :-p Mmmmmm, such nice background circles...

  LOL. The circles are fine but I'd rather not include them in the SDDM theme - the circle appearing on hover is a very fancy effect. If they're there from the getgo the SDDM theme loses the element of surprise ("Wow I didn't know it could do that!").

  As for the logout screen, I'd place the circles there because of poor visibility, not because I think they necessarily look better than circles appearing on hover. If we could avoid them and maintain visibility, I'd just as soon do that.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master