D19434: Change entry of Endpoint UI

Bruce Anderson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Mar 3 04:38:07 GMT 2019

andersonbruce added a comment.

  In D19434#423458 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19434#423458>, @jgrulich wrote:

  > Shouldn't we maybe use QSpinBox for the port? With the spinbox you can also set min and max values so you don't need to validate it.

  My preference is to only use a spinbox for entries with less than 100 possible values.  I believe that the up/down arrows give the impression that clicking on them is the "proper" method of selecting a value and while some people know that you can type in a value into a spinbox, I believe that there are others who do not and I really don't want users to be metaphorically cursing my name when they are trying to click their way up to a port number of say, 23517. Also, using a simple LineEdit with color coding for indicating an unacceptable input is consistent with the rest of the interface.

REPOSITORY
  R116 Plasma Network Management Applet