D19479: [SDDM theme] Add opacity on hover to action buttons

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 2 21:55:17 GMT 2019

filipf added a comment.

  Very interesting and tricky issue which we should try to solve.

  Two differences between the logout screen and SDDM though: the former is darker. (unlike 5.15, in master it now fades to pitch black, bug?)  That's why it allows for the opacity of unselected items to be 0.5. That would be too faint in SDDM.

  But thinking outside the box, we could have other mechanisms. Embiggening though, I think would look tacky. That leaves background circles.

  In the logout screen shouldn't do QML circles because it will interfere with other themes;  at first glance seems messy to implement as well. I think it would be best if we made icons with background, but this time with a major difference: the background circle would take on textColor and could then be pretty faint.

  Example of what that would look like, 0.2 opacity:

  F6650174: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6650174>

  Then for SDDM we would try to match as much as possible.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master