D19409: [sddm-theme/lock screen] Adjust login and lock screen blur effect

Krešimir Čohar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 1 07:22:58 GMT 2019

rooty added a comment.

  In D19409#422264 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D19409#422264>, @ngraham wrote:

  > 1996? 😆

  https://kde.org/announcements/announcement.php
  It seemed preferable to some random date

  Didn't know about the lock screen preview image... interesting

  > TBH I kind of like the shadows on top of the blur--especially with your new much nicer-looking shadows!
  >
  > When SDDM uses software rendering, the shadow disappears unless we specifically handle that case and draw an outline instead.

  In that case, we should consider adding action button label shadows as well.
  I wasn't asking about the shadows though, I was asking about what happens to the **blur** if sddm uses software rendering - because if the software rendered version's blurry too, we might not need a text outline at all.

  P.S. The time stands for a very important date too :D

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace