D20569: RFC: Use more compact OSD

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 27 12:30:39 BST 2019

filipf added a comment.

  I've been thinking about this OSD themes thing and I can't say I like it. I don't like the fact that you now need a different LnF to change them either, but to have another configurable theme thing seems like overkill.

  Although it's not without a solution without drawbacks, visually and functionally I'd love to have the OSDs spawned as notifications. It would also make it super easy to just turn them off for DnD mode, which can be super easily turned on for when playing games or watching video.

  I don't think it would work with the current screen layout chooser OSD though.

  Then if that's not possible I'd keep them the way they are but include the option to disable them for full-screen apps.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace