D22084: Span wayland objects to lifespan of the QApplication

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 25 11:10:01 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  This powers the plugin backend behind KWindowSystem.
  That consists of static methods that can be invoked at any time. We can't change that API.

  Scoping WaylandIntegration would absolutely work but it then means putting guards over all the users of it. (windoweffects.cpp / windowsystem.cpp etc) whereas we already have guards for the individual proxies as the compositor could remove the interfaces at runtime.

INLINE COMMENTS

> anthonyfieroni wrote in waylandintegration.cpp:95-99
> Or that's when removed during the normal execution?

Yeah, exactly that.

REPOSITORY
  R130 Frameworks integration plugin using KWayland