D22084: Span wayland objects to lifespan of the QApplication

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 24 17:51:38 BST 2019

davidedmundson created this revision.
davidedmundson added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
davidedmundson requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  We must release all wayland objects before the QPA connection is closed.

  We used to do this explicitly, but this still left an awkward code path
  where we could still try to recreate a BlurManager if it's called after
  the QApplication is closed.

  Instead we can scope all the wayland objects to the QApplication. The
  objects themselves were not leaked as public API so this is safe. Calls
  after this will simply no-op.

  This fixes crashes on tear down of plasma.

TEST PLAN
  kquitapp5 plasmashell

REPOSITORY
  R130 Frameworks integration plugin using KWayland

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  src/windowsystem/waylandintegration.cpp