D21829: Improved Touch support for Kickoff

Eike Hein noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jun 21 17:43:36 BST 2019

hein added a subscriber: mart.
hein added a comment.

  I'm in principle quite OK with this minus that other patch I need to be written first to move DragHelper out into the lib (see other comment). Pitch: If you do that, it'll make it much easier to make the other menus (and other things) act similarly later, with smaller patches there.

  However we need a collective decision that this way to handle tap-and-hold is the one we want to go forward with - this patch basically makes a call to resolve T10783 <https://phabricator.kde.org/T10783> in a particular way - and needs some more buy-in e.g. from @mart for that reason.

INLINE COMMENTS

> draghelper.cpp:91
>          drag->setPixmap(icon.pixmap(m_dragIconSize, m_dragIconSize));
> +        if (touch) {
> +            drag->setHotSpot(QPoint(m_dragIconSize*0.5,m_dragIconSize*0.95));

I'm not happy with hardcoding these values. If we decide to do touch drag this way, we're going to see this being duplicated all around the codebase - with subtly different values, etc. If we want it that way we should centralize it somewhere.

We probably need to put DragHelper to plasma-framework - there's similar classes in FV and TM too we can consolidate. This isn't that much work and I'll gladly help mentoring the patch.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

BRANCH
  kickoff