D21860: Set a font for gtk applications in the fonts kcm

Mikhail Zolotukhin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jun 20 19:58:24 BST 2019

gikari added a comment.

  In D21860#481370 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21860#481370>, @broulik wrote:

  > Actually, for most appearance settings (color scheme, widget style, icon settings) it should already be signalled automatically via DBus through plasma-integration with no config reading on its own.

  I have found those lines in colorscheme config (and the similar in icon settings, but nothing in widget style):

    QDBusMessage message = QDBusMessage::createSignal(QStringLiteral("/KGlobalSettings"),
                                                      QStringLiteral("org.kde.KGlobalSettings"),
                                                      QStringLiteral("notifyChange"));
    message.setArguments({
        0, //previous KGlobalSettings::PaletteChanged. This is now private API in khintsettings
        0  //unused in palette changed but needed for the DBus signature
    });
    QDBusConnection::sessionBus().send(message);

  Is this it? Should my daemon use the similar DBus signatures for fonts?

  If I understand correctly, what I need to do is:

  1. Write similar to above lines in fonts kcm code (No sure about arguments actually - what they should be?)
  2. Write a daemon that listens DBus with those signatures and when specific setting changes (for now it's only fonts, then it will be cursors or something else) it changes corresponding setting in gtk via GSettings

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop