D21881: [Notifications] Read BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT from environment

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 18 14:23:39 BST 2019

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, sitter.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
broulik requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  This is a similar situation we have with Flatpak when the desktop entry the application thinks it owns is actually different.
  In Snap this environment variable is passed to the process. When no service was found, try reading it.

TEST PLAN
  5.16 branch

  My Spotify snap now identifies as Spotify and I can configure notifications for it.
  F6907051: Screenshot_20190618_150619.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6907051>

  - Notification without app name still resolves to process name properly
  - Service lookup for normal apps still works
  - Job view without an app name still resolves to process name properly

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

AFFECTED FILES
  libnotificationmanager/jobsmodel_p.cpp