D21860: Set a font for gtk applications in the fonts kcm

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 18 07:55:41 BST 2019

broulik added a comment.

  In D21860#481346 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D21860#481346>, @gikari wrote:

  > However gsettings does, but dependency on gtk API disturbs me.

  I think that's only a problem if every KCM ends up depending on GTK. If it's a dedicated proxy service binary, should be fine.

  > Some sort of a gtk-settings-only file-watcher, that monitors Plasma config files with relevant info like fonts/cursors/etc and that changes gtk configs accordingly, whenever Plasma files changes?

  Pretty much. Actually, for most appearance settings (color scheme, widget style, icon settings) it should already be signalled automatically via DBus through plasma-integration with no config reading on its own.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop