D21797: do not set a hardcoded minimum size

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 17 14:00:46 BST 2019

sitter updated this revision to Diff 59989.
sitter added a comment.

  expand diff based on additional pondering

  - both dialogs now throw away their minimum size
  - the resize calls are gone too
  - instead we now calculate a 16:9 size based off of the sizeHint and resize to that (keeps the appearance much the same while not needing the hardcoding)
  - maindialog and backtracwidget UI files had their qlabels switched to Minimum policies to prevent their text getting cut off (Preferred is free to shrink, and shrinking a QLabel means cutting it off for the most part)
  - dropped window resizing hack in backtracewidget as now the window must resize to fit the changing qlabels in that widget, making the explicit resizing unnecessary

  I've tested every single widget/page we have on 16pt and 10pt and they do no longer allow for cutting off labels

REPOSITORY
  R871 DrKonqi

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D21797?vs=59782&id=59989

BRANCH
  minimums

AFFECTED FILES
  src/backtracewidget.cpp
  src/bugzillaintegration/reportassistantdialog.cpp
  src/drkonqidialog.cpp
  src/ui/backtracewidget.ui
  src/ui/maindialog.ui