5.17 Kickoff Meeting

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Jun 15 09:00:43 BST 2019

On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 19:36, Aleix Pol <aleixpol at kde.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 7:08 PM Jonathan Riddell <jr at jriddell.org> wrote:
> >
> > We would typically have a start of cycle Kickoff meeting sometime in the
> coming week.  But there is a Sprint happening next Wednesday to the
> following Wednesday.  I'm also aware that plenty people who normally spend
> time on Plasma are otherwise engaged and won't be able to take on so much
> in the coming cycle.
> >
> > So it is still useful to schedule a Kickoff meeting?  It could be while
> the Sprint was happening but held online still.
> >
> > Or is it better for people at the sprint to have a group discussion in
> person going over the Todo items and then I can chase up anyone else for
> Todo items outside that discussion?
>
> It could make sense to have a 5.17 discussion in the sprint and report
> it to the mailing list, then further discussions can happen here or
> the different phabricator tasks.

Great, I added it to the meeting etherpad, please go over the phab tasks
and triage them.

Please also decide on a version of Qt to be the minimum, possibly Qt 5.13
will be out by then.

And review the schedule we agreed on, release is currently pencilled in for
October.
https://community.kde.org/Schedules/Plasma_5

 Jonathan