D21765: drop kdelibs4support from filebrowser dataengine

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 12 13:07:26 BST 2019

sitter created this revision.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  this engine is not used anywhere!

  the engine used kfilemetadata to obtain metadata of a file. KFM however
  is entirely defunct and does absolutely nothing without nepomuk.
  that is to say: it is already broken for years and in fact not even
  correctly sets the item.type key because of how the original code worked.

  this change drops the kfilemetdata use altogether and instead sets the
  item.type (which we can easily determine) to file when working with a file

  in theory (I think) Baloo/File is the modern replacement for kfilemetadata,
  but its properties are no longer "stringy" so we'd have to map a huge
  enum manually into stringy keys for our representation. which at this time
  seems not worth it, considering we (KDE) do not seem to use the engine
  anymore and third parties would have had an entirely broken engine WRT file
  sources as well, so I am guessing no one outside KDE uses it either.
  all things considered I think simply rolling the engine back to the
  minimum functional use is the best course of action here.

  this effectively only changes the engine behavior to once again set
  item.type=file on actual files while making it no longer require
  kdelibs4support.

TEST PLAN
  in engine explorer requesting a directory gives unaltered directory data,
  when requesting a file it correctly sets the type to file

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  filebrowser

AFFECTED FILES
  dataengines/filebrowser/CMakeLists.txt
  dataengines/filebrowser/filebrowserengine.cpp