D21566: Improve label for Disk Monitor widget

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jun 11 15:57:44 BST 2019

sitter requested changes to this revision.
sitter added a comment.

  The panel now is really bad though because the text uses more space than the arrows and the size is probably not accounting for that:

  before the spacing was largely garbage

  F6883658: Screenshot_20190611_164744.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6883658>

  but at least not horrendously broken

  F6883664: Screenshot_20190611_164900.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6883664>

  The contrast between 'Read' and the blue graph also gets pretty bad when the graph goes up enough, which is hard to test on an SSD but I definitely see a problem there. Also at least on my shoddy screen the green of the 'Write' is super horrible against the grey of the panel.

  So, I think that minimum size calculation needs adjustments somewhere so the graphs on the panel even have a chance of fitting the now longer labels. And quite possibly the font itself needs shadows turned on so it gets greater contrast with the graph, although admittedly I don't know if that will help.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace