D21690: Only show system total cpu usage by default on high core count machines

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 9 17:33:05 BST 2019

davidedmundson requested changes to this revision.
davidedmundson added a comment.

  +1 on the concept.

  > Currently, the default configuration of showing all individual cores is pretty useless on system with a high number of cores.

  Agreed, it's useless.  Load gets balanced between cores so having a history per core tells you nothing.

  > This changes the default to only show all individual cores on systems with 8 cores or less, on systems with more cores only the total cpu usage is shown

  If we're going to change it, I'd keep it simple and just change it, rather than having magic behaviour. Especially as it's just a default a user can enable .

  ---

  Your pattern of the JS "virtuals" is quite nice.

  But for isSourceValid it's a bit weird as you leave a mix two completely different styles.

  We still have the filter inside onSourceAdded / root.addSource - which effectively is a filter at the correct layer before we start subscribing to the data source.
  Then you have isValidSource applying the same filtering that we've already done...on top of this already filtered content.

  I don't understand what that's about.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace