D21192: Allow user to edit wrong password on lockscreen while waiting for graceLocked period to end

Siddhartha Sahu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jun 1 19:16:28 BST 2019

siddharthasahu added a comment.

  I took another look. As I already mentioned, there seems to be a difference between how `onLoginFailed` signals work in both.
  In the lock screen:

  - the `onLoginFailed` <https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-workspace.git/tree/lookandfeel/contents/lockscreen/LockScreenUi.qml#n41> signal is delivered as soon as the password is detected to be incorrec. I use this signal to selectAll() the password text so the user can start editing.
  - The grace timeout is a separate signal `onGraceLockedChanged` <https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-workspace.git/tree/lookandfeel/contents/lockscreen/LockScreenUi.qml#n44>, which is used to clear the "Login failed" message.

  To summarize, the flow is: (enter password) --> (loginFailed) --[authenticator timeout expires]--> (graceLockedChanged).

  On the other hand, in sddm:

  - the `onLoginFailed` <https://cgit.kde.org/plasma-workspace.git/tree/sddm-theme/Main.qml#n452> signal is delivered only after grace timeout has expired.
  - the "Login failed" message is cleared with a qml timer.

  the flow is: (enter password) --[authenticator timeout expires]--> (loginFailed) --> (notificationResetTimer).
  The behaviour of sddm can only be made the same as the lock screen if the `loginFailed` signal is delivered independent of the authenticator timeout.

  If someone can tell me how the `onLoginFailed` signals are generated, I can take a look to see if there is a difference in the backend timers. I'm guessing there is some C++ code handling this?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace