D22316: Avoid garbling the sound if the volume slider is moved fast

kezi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 31 12:57:23 BST 2019

kezik added a comment.

  In D22316#503998 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22316#503998>, @filipf wrote:

  > Removed VDG as the reviewer, seems like a technical issue all together.

  Sorry

  > Also wanted to contribute, but I don't really perceive any issues when moving the slider fast :/

  F7125871: 2019-07-31 13-17-48.mp4 <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7125871>
  This is what I am referring to

  F7125872: immagine.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7125872>

  As you can see in the picture, the waveform of the feedback sound gets truncated in a "violent" way, and the abrupt truncation generates a broadband sound spike that's clearly audible
  Also, having the sound start and truncate 10 times when you move the slider a bit feels less polished
  Maybe a better option is to have the sound play when you release the mouse button from the slider

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet