D22762: Take in consideration flat() for the All Applications menu

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 30 01:03:15 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  m_flat currently behaves a bit specially. It doesn't affect the toplevel, it only affects sub models created within it.

  If we used AppsModel directly to fix the original bug, we would need to fix AppsModel to follow m_flat when showing an empty m_entryPath

  So in addition to a property for entry path we would add something like:

    AppsModel.cpp:481
    -      if (m_entryPath.isEmpty())
    +    if (m_entryPath.isEmpty() && !m_flat) {

    (bringing us into the else path that uses processServiceGroup which follows m_flat)

  Which fixes the bug giving us a flat AppsModel. But it now that introduces a regression into the dash that's currently in kdeplasma-addons.

  We're now implicitly affecting the RootModel top level to be flat, meaning the sidebar on the right hand side now lists every application not just groups - which obviously isn't OK.

  We would need to introduce a property "flatButForRealThisTime" property on AppsModel which IMHO is going in a messy direction compared to only affecting allModel.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop