notes for 29/7/2019 monday meeting

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 11:51:55 BST 2019

Kai Uwe:
* Wrote a new model backing Milou/KRunner which avoids resetting the
entire list every time results change
    * Improves performance, especially when dealing with results that
hardly change (e.g. calculator)
    * Keeps the selection steady as results come in delayed and shift
the results around
* Fixed a few issues in qqc2-desktop-style, `ComboBox` closes when
clicking on itself, just like in Qt Widgets
* Merged my huge backlog of plasma-browser-integration stuff
* Attended KDE Connect sprint in Nürnberg at SUSE
* Wrote a little browser extension for volker|office that checks for
machine-readable metadata of websites for Itinerary, e.g. schema.org
annotations, json-ld
        * https://cgit.kde.org/scratch/broulik/itinerary-research.git/
* Poked dfaure about changing Qt dependency policy for Frameworks to
accomodate distros better
* Removed KAuth session persistency from Kate/KTextEditor's root
helper for security
* Please review D22213 D22506 D22531 D22569 D22596
Diff 22213 "[Tab] Fix sizing" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22213
Diff 22506 "Read BAMF_DESKTOP_FILE_HINT from environment" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22506
Diff 22531 "[KColorSchemeManager] Optimize preview generation" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22531
Diff 22569 "[Dialog] Apply window type after changing flags" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22569
Diff 22596 "[MPRIS Data Engine] Ignore non-standards compliant
players" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22596

Jonathan:
* 2020 release schedule

Nico:
* Attended the Megasprint
* kill the Phonon KCM. The remaining settings are most likely barely
used. D22616
   Diff 22616 "Remove phonon KCM" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D22616
* That would allow us to patch PulseAudio to stop loading
module-device-manager for us and instead use switch-on-connect by
default
* Which is what most people prefer
* Poked some Franmworks to see what we can deprecate to remove it in KF6
* Mostly worked on my pet project, KTrip, a public transport assistant
for Plasma Mobile and Android
* "[RFC] Deprecate KPassivePopup" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D22544

David:
* been to KWin mini sprint part of the bigger sprint
* There's lots of notes from the kwin sprint. Mostly in note form:
https://notes.kde.org/p/kwin-sprint-2019
* we assigned quite a few action tasks
* in wayland code, I started support for klipper
* and kde connect
* and kde connect's clipboard
* most important change is the code patch from aleix which at least
unblocks all the secuirty related wayland topics
* that plan being that I should just implement it
* Kai and I have a patch to add a global animation speed slider

Marco:
Kirigami:
* Fixed sevaral bugs in ActionToolBar component

Plasma:
* Landed desktop layout rewrite \m/
* added support for configurationrequired button in the new layout
* desktop scripting now supports applets args

Frameworks
* pushed the new layout for config dialogs