D22535: Make kimpanel a system tray applet

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 24 23:02:31 BST 2019

ngraham requested changes to this revision.
ngraham added a comment.

  +1 conceptually. However if you're going to make this a part of the System Tray, then it automatically becomes high profile and the bar for UI design increases a lot. :) As such, I'd want the following changes before we present it so prominently to users:

  - Hide when no input methods are configured
  - When pop-up is opened but no input methods are configured, show a button that says Configure... or Add input methods... or something that will open the settings window
  - The settings window needs to actually offer a way to add and configure input methods. When I look at this very barebones settings window, I have no idea what to do: F7092785: Screenshot_20190724_155928.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7092785>
  - (Minor) the vertical/horizontal chooser in the settings window should be expressed with two radio buttons rather than one checkbox

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop