D22728: [RFP] Provide a link to KInfoCenter

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jul 24 22:44:50 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  An alternative approach would be to simply show KCM itself in System Settings by adding `X-KDE-System-Settings-Parent-Category=<something>` to the `about-dostro.desktop` file that KInfoCenter ships:

  F7092747: Alternative: as a KCM.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7092747>

  This makes it more discoverable when using Sidebar view, but has some disadvantages:

  - There isn't really a 100% appropriate parent category to put it in
  - Visiting the KCM within System Settings doesn't expose all the information available in KInfoCenter's other pages. I suppose we could add a Show More Information button to this KCM when it's opened in something other than KInfoCenter if we wanted to pursue the alternative approach instead of the one in this patch.

REPOSITORY
  R124 System Settings