D22627: Add a GUI option for choosing the input method

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jul 23 17:24:06 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D22627#500454 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22627#500454>, @filipf wrote:

  > Yeah an empty entry is bad UI but it works for the code since it ends up just grabbing the text from the combobox and writing it to the config file :P ... it was a quick solution I'll admit.

  Instead of just passing the string in the combobox directly to whatever writes the value to the file, you'd need to translate the value first.

  > The feature request was this, a much more straightforward idea: https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=285&t=161536&p=420073#p420073
  >
  > But having that checkbox seemed too specific and it seemed like having a general input method chooser might be more useful. What do you think?

  The generic solution you've implemented here makes sense if the features you're exposing actually work in SDDM with all themes (in which case, we need to improve the UI here). If not, maybe do the simple checkbox as suggested in that forum post.

REPOSITORY
  R123 SDDM Configuration Panel (KCM)