D22553: guard against plasmashell being properly dead and not showing the SNI

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 19 11:41:46 BST 2019

sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  when plasmashell is particularly dead and not even able to restart, the SNI
  host may still be around when we check for it in the main.cpp as its
  disappearance from dbus is tied to sockets closing and dbus' event loop
  reacting to that. so there is a race potential that can cause the SNI
  to not actually be visible on account of the SNI host (plasmashell)
  being dead even though we expected SNI support to be available.

  guard against this scenario by starting an automatic activation timer
  when the notification service disappears. should it not reappear within
  10 second we consider it dead and show the dialog automatically as the
  user won't be seeing the SNI anymore

TEST PLAN
  - crash something so the sni appears
  - kill plasma