D22458: [sddm-theme] Add slot for distro vendors to configure a logo to be shown on the SDDM login screen

Filip Fila noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 15 20:16:24 BST 2019

filipf added a comment.

  Logo size still looks too big to me; IMO these things shouldn't be too much in the users' face and the logo shouldn't overpower the clock. Also I think the second screenshot doesn't accurately represent new code.

  You had `units.largeSpacing * 8` before => 8 * 8 = 64

  Now it's `units.gridUnits * 6` => 18 * 6 = 108

  Ideally we'd multiply `units.gridUnits` with 3 or 4 to get to 64 again (or do Math.round when multiplying with 3.5).

  For me `units.gridUnits * 3` looks perfect:

  F7028361: Screenshot_20190715_210721.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F7028361>

  And it seems I didn't give the best of advice for `sourceSize.width` as there's now a binding loop. If `width` is changed with `implicitWidth` it goes away though.

  ____

  On a more general note, I'd keep the logo turned off by default but let's see what others think. Looking into the future it would also be good to add a UI option and chooser too, but not important now.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace