D22191: Implement syncing of theme preferences between SDDM and Plasma

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Jul 12 23:39:14 BST 2019

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> advanceconfig.cpp:207
> +        qDebug() << job->errorText();
> +        KMessageBox::error(this, i18n("Synchronization failed."));
> +    } else {

"Synchronization failed." is a pretty frustrating error message. The user will wonder, "How did it fail? What happened? How can I fix it?" etc. Since we have the error text, let's show it in the message box, since it could provide some clues.

> advanceconfig.cpp:211
> +        qDebug() << "Synchronization successful";
> +        KMessageBox::information(this, i18n("Synchronization successful."));
> +    }

I don't think we need a dialog box for the success case. That'll just annoy people.

REPOSITORY
  R123 SDDM Configuration Panel (KCM)

BRANCH
  sddm-theme-syncing (branched from master)