D22401: change debug dir order to prefer appDir and do not duplicate Debuggers

Harald Sitter noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jul 11 14:24:03 BST 2019

sitter created this revision.
sitter added a reviewer: Plasma.
Herald added a project: Plasma.
sitter requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  previously we'd duplicate 'codeNames' of debuggers.

  so, if I had `CodeName=gdb` in both `bin/debugger/internal/gdbrc` and
  also `XDG_*/debugger/internal/gdbrc` it'd effectively include both in the
  list. and it was more or less undefined which one would get used.
  with the revised lookup code we'll now always have unique CodeNames (e.g.
  gdb will only appear once in the candidate list) and by preferring bin/
  we can now put "fake" debuggers into $builddir/bin/ to force them getting
  used over potentially system-wide debuggers. the latter is particularly
  handy when testing since you can now fixate the gdb debugger to ultimately
  be nothing more than `cat /sometracefile` but rely on all the same code
  paths as an actual gdb run would

TEST PLAN
  builds and I can dump fake debuggers into my build dir

REPOSITORY
  R871 DrKonqi

BRANCH
  debugger-load-override