D22322: Store crash report automatically if shutting down

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 8 12:05:59 BST 2019

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > What's the rationale behind this change? Isn't this use case covered by coredumpd and the like?

  Well, by that logic we wouldn't have any drkonqi...

  1. crashes on shutdown are currently weird.

  A dialog appears and blocks on logout, on shutdown it's a random race. The crash dialog sometimes appears as an SNI which will get missed, sometimes a window on a different VD or different activity.

  2. with a tiny bit of work kwin_wayland crashes will get a bug reporter, which would be an amazing leap forward.

REPOSITORY
  R871 DrKonqi