D22256: [Image Wallpaper Slideshow] Allow setting of different sorting orders POC

Mihai Sorin Dobrescu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 8 09:44:02 BST 2019

msdobrescu added a comment.

  In D22256#492127 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22256#492127>, @davidre wrote:

  > I guess one drawback is that you have to reindex all the files when the sort mode is changed.

  I expect to simply reload the list, from the filesystem. That should be done when the folder list is changed too.
  But this should be done in your case too, the sorting proxy class needs a remap too, if I understand it correctly. Otherwise it would search in the list each time the next wallpaper is needed, right?
  Regardless the solution, I would expect to have the filesystem sorting methods too, for this implementation, generally speaking, yours or mine, meaning, be able to serve according to the file system hierarchy point of view too.
  For me it's not some contest, I just need to achieve something and I think your approach is more elegant, but needs more methods and I'd optimize it a bit, as I have commented already, because remapping the collection would be better to avoid the switch for each comparison somehow.
  Maybe using templates or lambdas, if possible?