D22256: [Image Wallpaper Slideshow] Allow setting of different sorting orders POC

Mihai Sorin Dobrescu noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jul 7 19:17:15 BST 2019

msdobrescu added a comment.

  In D22256#491942 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22256#491942>, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > The fundamental problem with this approach is you only sort through the dirs correctly, but not the total across multiple paths.
  >
  > i.e
  >  If I have two paths dirA and dirB and want things sorted by date this patch will have all the images in dirA sorted by date, followed by all the images in dirB sorted by date.
  >
  > So for those reasons I think the other patch addresses works a bit better handling it dynamically, also allowing us to get rid of one of the model instances.

  Thank you! I agree with you, although it is not intended so.
  The other approach is more elegant, but I need also sorting as you have described. Perhaps some combined solution would be better.
  Still, being a QT newbie, I have no clear idea of the complexity of sorting for the other solution. Would it sort each time it looks for the next image? Would that cost? I'm running a big number of images, around 6000. What do you think?