D22176: Rework system tray settings

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jul 1 23:53:27 BST 2019

ngraham added a comment.

  In D22176#489325 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D22176#489325>, @filipf wrote:

  > Nice, looks good and is a lot cleaner.
  >
  > I'm mostly only echoing @broulik here, but I think we should still have some sort of help with figuring out which entry belongs to which row of buttons.
  >
  > This (mockup) is something that would work, but is pretty hacky and is undocumented style:
  >
  > F6953708: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F6953708>

  The generally accepted way to do this is to use alternating background colors. The old table view got this automatically, however this patch ports away from it since it's QQC1 only. Unfortunately, there is no QQC2 TableView.

  Honestly I would support staying with the QQC1 TableView for now. Trying to move to QQC2 without a replacement for it just means we're rolling our own table view, which seems even hackier.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace