notes for monday meeting 1/7/2019

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 11:43:15 BST 2019

David:
* at the plasma sprint
* ok so, not only is Qt5.13.0 wayland completely broken
so is 5.12.4
* I've fixed all upstream, but I'll need to do some work with
packagers to avoid this becoming an issue I think.
* SHM buffers after show/restore  due to one bug (so all QMenus)
* And QtQuick buffers after show/restore (due to another bug!) that's
something unrelated due to the SRGB stuf

David Redondo:
* at the plasma sprint, sorting orders for wallpaper slideshow
* Diff 22121 "[Image Wallpaper Slideshow] Allow setting of different
sorting orders" [Needs Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22121

Kai Uwe:
# Work done:
 * Attended Plasma sprint in Valencia, was a good week, many lovely new faces
     * Fixed a tonne of notification and media controls bugs and quirks
     * Worked on dark mode and "reduced motion" support in
plasma-browser-integration
     * Color KCM now has a fake titlebar to make difference between
Breeze and Breeze Dark more obvious
# Work todo:
 * Will attend Tübix (Linux day in Tübingen on Saturday) with romangg
and mamarok
     * Will have a booth there and give a 5 min short presentation
about our kde edu offerings ("KDE for universities")

Roman:
* I think https://phabricator.kde.org/D10750 is mergable now.
Yesterday I realized we don't need full yuv-transformation support
directly and can work support modifiers without multiple textures per
window in KWin. I wait on Bhushan's feedback if his embedded device
works now with the patch. notmart: you could test the patches before I
refactored them as well with some device, right?
     Diff 10750 "[wayland] Add support for zwp_linux_dmabuf" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D10750
* For multi-texture support we need some more heavy changes to KWin's
window representation. Maybe to be discussed on KWin sprint. Speaking
of which...
* We organized on short notice a KWin sprint mid this month in
Nürnberg at Suse offices: https://community.kde.org/Sprints/KWin/2019
 hmm, i am not sure?
* My goal is to generate a better agreement on where KWin should head
in the future.
* On other note I was able to merge Weston patch:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/merge_requests/143
* That was a prerequisite to continue work on XWayland scaling.
* so I hope to continue work on this task soon.
 *i.e. Diff 18486 "[RFC] XWayland Multi DPI support" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D18486

Nicolas Fella
Work done and merged:
* Various Purpose improvements
* Some Spectacle code cleaning
* Visual fixes for Plasma Mobile Wifi KCM
Needs review:
* Build p-w without foreach: D22087
   Diff 22087 "Build without foreach" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D22087
* Added image annotator to Spectacle: D22074
   Diff 22074 "Add image annotation via libKImageAnnotator" [Needs
Review] https://phabricator.kde.org/D22074
* Reworked system tray setting: D22176
   Diff 22176 "Rework system tray settings" [Needs Review]
https://phabricator.kde.org/D22176
Todo:
* Add possibility to open plasmoid config from system tray settings
* this addresses a concern voiced at my plasmoid hide patches

Filip Fila
* sprint report:
https://filipfila.wordpress.com/2019/06/30/a-week-in-valencia-the-2019-plasma-usability-productivity-sprint/

Bhushan:
So, attended sprint in valencia, and mostly worked on mobile bits
 - Restoring mobile CI
 - Buidling new image with updated packages
 - Working with apol and d_ed to fix the apps not opening in correct
size/positon

Marco:
* Sprint in Valencia
* worked on a big rewrite of the Desktop layouting code for plasmoids
* it's now a reusable qml import for custom contaiments in
https://phabricator.kde.org/D22034
* Port the folderview/desktop containment to the new framework
https://phabricator.kde.org/D22035
* some mentoring
* worked on a redesign of the settings dialog for all applications
together with the VDG https://phabricator.kde.org/D22083