D18620: Display shortcut badges while holding Super

Michail Vourlakos noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Jan 31 18:48:23 GMT 2019

mvourlakos added a comment.

  In D18620#402853 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D18620#402853>, @trmdi wrote:

  > I've been thinking about the Meta behavior. Some ideas:
  >
  > - When the holding action is detected: just show Latte views with badges and do not activate the App Launcher if users release the Meta key. App Launcher can be activated ONLY IF the holding action is not detected
  > - Only show Latte views with badges if: press "Meta+`" (for the wayland case, or users don't want to wait to see the badges) or holding Meta is detected.

  sounds ok

  > (Currently, if I press a shortcut to activate an item, it will show the badges -> not needed)
  >
  > - Timeout for determining it's a holding action or not should be 1-2s

  it is too low I will play with it

  > This patch is just a draft, so you should improve it before merging by yourself.

  1. I will probably merge it and afterwards I will fix the issues e.g. if any other modifier is pressed when the Meta timer ends then the ShowDocks action shouldnt be trigerred but the timer should be restarted.

  2. That means that the globalshortcuts class will be adjusted in order to track the modifiers that are pressed, Super, Shift, Ctrl and Alt, I dont know if there are any more...

  3. Afterwards the hack that is relevant to X11 and was copy pasted from Plasma Activites Explorer in order to track when Meta is released is not needed any more and the new infrastructure will be used.

  We will play with this with iterations and through kde bugs tracker in order to fix any issues
  There is also a chance that the user will be able to enable/disable that behavior from Latte Preferences in case some users hit corner cases that break their workflows.

REPOSITORY
  R878 Latte Dock